Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
New Board / The Art of Pretending
« Last post by alanjoy on June 26, 2014, 04:52:51 AM »
Extroverts have an ability to hide their true feelings that is missing from introverts.

I find this to be obnoxious at best and extremely deceitful at the least.

Un-resolved conflict and our inability to open up and talk to find common ground is not good social behavior.

But it is the norm.

I don't ever see it getting better.

As always the only solution is to withdraw into the place of resolve and to be available if anyone cares to need help with self discovery.

New Board / Re: Getting her to take my hand....
« Last post by alanjoy on June 26, 2014, 04:46:57 AM »
It's sad that no one has taken the time to give you a response to such an important question.

In general being ignored seems to be the norm on this forum for over a year now. 

If your girlfriend has experienced sexual trauma of any sort it would be wise for her to see a professional who could help her. Emotional trauma is as significant as physical trauma to the brain. If untreated the brain cells contract and die.

I can only wish you the best when it comes to finding love and romance but as it is with all of us we have to be as concerned about the person we love as we are about our desire for their love.

Loving and being loved are equal domains.

If she won't discuss the issue with her I say lick your wounds and walk away. You can't force someone to open up and trust. You must respect her choice.

One last painful thought. Work romances are very risky for exactly the situation you are describing.

It will be hard for you to avoid the painful feelings of rejection that are triggered when you see her.

Check this out http://www.emdr.com/

This has been of great help to me.

When we're caught up in a thought our eyes are not focused as we try to look inside at the projection of the thought inside our minds.

When we focus our eyes on an object and process the thoughts that go along with the object it interrupts the inner thinking.

I now think of uncomfortable thoughts, even when real, like the neighbors dogs barking, as advertisements that I don't want to pay attention to.

By looking at the smoke detector on the ceiling and thinking about how it was made, installed and functions I've changed the station so to speak.

Hope this helps.

New Board / Re: Back from a Long Sojourn
« Last post by alanjoy on May 28, 2014, 06:24:14 PM »
Dude,

I think about you when I think of this site. Nice to know you're ok.

I, too have gone from being concerned about not being an extrovert to learning to be the introvert I prefer to be.

I've also discovered that I'm HFA, highly functional autistic. Einstein and Edison both are considered to be HFA. I'm not at their IQ but have similar results on the autism spectrum.

This make any effort to leave the comfort of introversion even more absurd than I previously realized.

I like people but I'm being even more careful about who I invite into my inner world.

New Board / Back from a Long Sojourn
« Last post by radames on May 12, 2014, 05:23:46 PM »
Hey everyone, I'm not sure if any of you remember me (its been around four years since I last posted on this site) but a lot has happened in my life since I last engaged in delightful, meaningful banter with you all.  Lets just say that I'm reminded that I'M NOT EXTROVERTED!

It amuses me how often I "must" strive to oppose my God-given talent as introvert and appease the silent standard of likeability and "blendability" that the majority of citizens in this country impose upon others.  After a short period, the silent alarm flickering in the back of my mind catches my attention and I realize that I've been "derailed," yet again.  Currently, I've regained my focus and trying to learn from my failures and embracing my gift.

Support is best manifested in community.  So, I look forward to meeting new people, here, and catching up with any "old fogies" that may have been here while I was active, years ago.  Thank you, so much, for reading.
Book Discussion / How do introverts increase their motivation?
« Last post by a.atienza on May 10, 2014, 01:15:59 AM »
How do introverts increase their motivation? Please give me helpful ways to increase motivation, (e.g. in academics)?
I have a question in the book, The Introvert Advantage, about in the topic "Nurturing Space" in Chapter 9. My question is this: What would I do if I don't want to process the stimuli I take in because that only worry or bother or irritate me and I want to forget it? Will I experience information overload or my mind going blank or congested if I do that? What is the best way to do when facing this situation?
Book Discussion / about Information Overload and mind going blank
« Last post by a.atienza on May 10, 2014, 12:18:39 AM »
I have a question in the book, The Introvert Advantage, about in the topic "Nurturing Space" in Chapter 9. My question is this: What would I do if I don't want to process the stimuli I take in because that only worry or bother or irritate me and I want to forget it? Will I experience information overload or my mind going blank or congested if I do that? What is the best way to do when facing this situation?
Book Discussion / About Information Overload and mind going blank
« Last post by a.atienza on May 10, 2014, 12:15:18 AM »
Book Discussion / Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life -
« Last post by wet0 on February 22, 2014, 06:13:24 AM »
Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, theories etc.
Practical Explanation ( For Example ) :- `1st of all can you tell me every single seconds detail from that time when you born ?? ( i need every seconds detail ?? that what- what you have thought and done on every single second )

can you tell me every single detail of your `1 cheapest Minute Or your whole hour, day, week, month, year or your whole life ??

if you are not able to tell me about this life then what proof do you have that you didn't forget your past ? and that you will not forget this present life in the future ?

that is Fact that Supreme Lord Krishna exists but we posses no such intelligence to understand him.
there is also next life. and i already proved you that no scientist, no politician, no so-called intelligent man in this world is able to understand this Truth. cuz they are imagining. and you cannot imagine what is god, who is god, what is after life etc.
_______
for example :Your father existed before your birth. you cannot say that before your birth your father don,t exists.

So you have to ask from mother, "Who is my father?" And if she says, "This gentleman is your father," then it is all right. It is easy.
Otherwise, if you makes research, "Who is my father?" go on searching for life; you'll never find your father.

( now maybe...maybe you will say that i will search my father from D.N.A, or i will prove it by photo's, or many other thing's which i will get from my mother and prove it that who is my Real father.{ So you have to believe the authority. who is that authority ? she is your mother. you cannot claim of any photo's, D.N.A or many other things without authority ( or ur mother ).

if you will show D.N.A, photo's, and many other proofs from other women then your mother. then what is use of those proofs ??} )

same you have to follow real authority. "Whatever You have spoken, I accept it," Then there is no difficulty. And You are accepted by Devala, Narada, Vyasa, and You are speaking Yourself, and later on, all the acaryas have accepted. Then I'll follow.
I'll have to follow great personalities. The same reason mother says, this gentleman is my father. That's all. Finish business. Where is the necessity of making research? All authorities accept Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. You accept it; then your searching after God is finished.

Why should you waste your time?
_______
all that is you need is to hear from authority ( same like mother ). and i heard this truth from authority " Srila Prabhupada " he is my spiritual master.
im not talking these all things from my own.

in this world no `1 can be Peace full. this is all along Fact.

cuz we all are suffering in this world 4 Problems which are Disease, Old age, Death, and Birth after Birth.

tell me are you really happy ?? you can,t be happy if you will ignore these 4 main problem. then still you will be Forced by Nature.

if you really want to be happy then follow these 6 Things which are No illicit sex, No gambling, No drugs ( No tea & coffee ), No meat-eating ( No onion & garlic's )

5th thing is whatever you eat `1st offer it to Supreme Lord Krishna. ( if you know it what is Guru parama-para then offer them food not direct Supreme Lord Krishna )

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
If your not able to follow these 4 things no illicit sex, no gambling, no drugs, no meat-eating then don,t worry but chanting of this holy name ( Hare Krishna Maha-Mantra ) is very-very and very important.

Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare " and be happy.

if you still don,t believe on me then chant any other name for 5 Min's and chant this holy name for 5 Min's and you will see effect. i promise you it works And chanting at least 16 rounds ( each round of 108 beads ) of the Hare Krishna maha-mantra daily.
Here is no Question of Holy Books quotes, Personal Experiences, Faith or Belief. i accept that Sometimes Faith is also Blind. Here is already Practical explanation which already proved that every`1 else in this world is nothing more then Busy Foolish and totally idiot.
every `1 is already Blind in this world and if you will follow another Blind then you both will fall in hole. so try to follow that person who have Spiritual Eyes who can Guide you on Actual Right Path. ( my Authority & Guide is my Spiritual Master " Srila Prabhupada " )
read it complete. ( i promise only readers of this book that they { he/she } will get every single answer which they want to know about why im in this material world, who im, what will happen after this life, what is best thing which will make Human Life Perfect, and what is perfection of Human Life. ) purpose of human life is not to live like animal cuz every`1 at present time doing 4 thing which are sleeping, eating, sex & fear. purpose of human life is to become freed from Birth after birth, Old Age, Disease, and Death.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10