Author Topic: Back from a Long Sojourn  (Read 2374 times)

radames

Back from a Long Sojourn
« on: May 12, 2014, 05:23:46 PM »
Hey everyone, I'm not sure if any of you remember me (its been around four years since I last posted on this site) but a lot has happened in my life since I last engaged in delightful, meaningful banter with you all.  Lets just say that I'm reminded that I'M NOT EXTROVERTED!

It amuses me how often I "must" strive to oppose my God-given talent as introvert and appease the silent standard of likeability and "blendability" that the majority of citizens in this country impose upon others.  After a short period, the silent alarm flickering in the back of my mind catches my attention and I realize that I've been "derailed," yet again.  Currently, I've regained my focus and trying to learn from my failures and embracing my gift.

Support is best manifested in community.  So, I look forward to meeting new people, here, and catching up with any "old fogies" that may have been here while I was active, years ago.  Thank you, so much, for reading.

alanjoy

Re: Back from a Long Sojourn
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 06:24:14 PM »
Dude,

I think about you when I think of this site. Nice to know you're ok.

I, too have gone from being concerned about not being an extrovert to learning to be the introvert I prefer to be.

I've also discovered that I'm HFA, highly functional autistic. Einstein and Edison both are considered to be HFA. I'm not at their IQ but have similar results on the autism spectrum.

This make any effort to leave the comfort of introversion even more absurd than I previously realized.

I like people but I'm being even more careful about who I invite into my inner world.