Author Topic: Introvert's carrer  (Read 5116 times)

eilatan

Introvert's carrer
« on: March 31, 2011, 02:48:44 PM »
I have some problem in my working, since I only work for 1year, and always work for short period,people think I not suitable for the job,most of my jobs are clerks, and very sad that I always cant pass probation.   My academic are excellent,and I think I can handle the job, but people may think that I am slow or I amn't not initiative.what should I do,
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 02:50:47 PM by eilatan »

newmom2008

Re: Introvert's carrer
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 02:19:48 PM »
Wish I had better answers for you, but I have similar problems myself.

It takes me slightly longer to process information when I am working. It takes a few seconds longer, that is. I find that even if you do take initiative, and work very hard, its often not enough. I think introverts are more likely to work harder, be on time, and make more effort. The workplace favors extroverts though, who make goof off and socialize more on the job.

I've been told I must have a low self esteem if I work in these types of jobs (clerk, admin, etc.) The fact is, I've tried for higher positions but was always pushed back into administrative work. I've tried very hard to get raises, and move onto jobs where I could earn more money. I never earned more than 40K.

eilatan

Re: Introvert's carrer
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 09:27:57 PM »
Thanks for your sharing...

I also agree with you, at this time I pass the probation, and I think the job is suitable for me, but I dont know how to perform myself to get higher salary, it seems that I'm not involve, slow motion and pause...I know that it is not about ability but personality, or I dont know how to work...

Sometimes I also need some time to process the information, I dont know it is owing to my experience or my personality, sometimes people pass sth to me, I dont get the meaning if it, but after when get calm and I can find what is it for.
and I'm slower than others, and if I get to faster my self, I feel I get blank in my mind and tired.

So I now try to find ways to improve myself, but seems the work environment is changing always, and I cant adjust my plannings to it, and the book"the introvert advantage", does not tell details of how to show up their work.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 09:30:03 PM by eilatan »